If you are searching for a simple ereader with a large screen, then the Kindle DX may be just what you are looking for.
The 9.7″ screen is ideal for a broad range of reading material, not just books. These include graphic-rich books, newspapers, magazines, PDFs and blogs, making the Kindle DX the ideal travelling companion whether you are working, travelling or on vacation.
Features at a Glance
- 9.7” ink screen
- Adjustable Text size
- Read aloud option
- Free 3G wireless connection
- Average battery life is up to 1 week
- Stores up to 3,500 books
- Measures 10.4” x 7.2” x 0.38”
- Weighs 18.9 ounces
The display looks like paper and reads like a real book. Not only that the anti-glare technology means that you can read from the DX in any lighting conditions, including very bright sunlight. The free 3G Wireless connection means that you will always be only seconds away from downloading new content or accessing your sored content from the Amazon Cloud (storage is free) and you need never be out of touch with family and friends as you can connect to Facebook, Twitter etc whenever you want.
The battery holds its charge well, read for 2 to 3 weeks with the wireless switched off. But leave the wireless on and you will still have a battery life of up to a week.
The translate option helps if you are not reading in your native language and the ink screen gives the DX a paper-like quality, making it easy on the eye and you could easily forget you were holding an electronic screen and believe you were reading a real book. LED Screens are known to tire the eyes, so another advantage of the ink screen is that you can read for as long as you like.
Although on the large side the Kindle DX will fit into most casual bags, making it easy take while travelling, particularly on public transport. It is also easy to read outdoors, even in bright sunlight. Another advantage when you are on the go is that the 3G wireless connection, means that you don’t have to go hunting for a Wi-Fi Hotspot when you want to download a new book.
This Kindle has 4 GB of internal memory, which is plenty big enough for an ereader, giving you space to store up to 3,500 books. It also has a battery life that is longer than most tablets or laptops batteries.
Even if you leave the wireless connection switched on, the battery will last up to 1 week. Extend the life to up to 3 weeks by turning it off when it is not needed.
- 3G wireless connection
- large memory space
- instant dictionary
- may be too big for some
- Read the Kindle DX in bright sunlight with no glare
- Read-to-Me with text-to-speech feature: Kindle DX reads books out loud (selected books only)
- Download and enjoy audiobooks, including over 60,000 titles from Audible.com
- Holds up to 3,500 books
- Travel with and read personal or business documents, including PDFs
- Free 3G wireless – no monthly payments, no annual contracts. Download books anywhere, anytime.
- Long battery life. Read for two to three weeks on a single charge
- Massive book selection. Lowest prices. Over a million titles less than $9.99
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – with Amazon Prime, Kindle owners can choose from hundreds of thousands of books to borrow for free with no due dates, including over 100 current and former New York Times best sellers
- Size: 10.4″ x 7.2″ x 0.38″
- Weight: 18.9 ounces
Kindle DX Review